Beyond Words Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Books, Beyond Worlds, Beyond Your Imagination.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quake survivor John Lee speaks about his ordeal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

Quake survivor John Lee speaks about his ordeal Empty
PostSubject: Quake survivor John Lee speaks about his ordeal   Quake survivor John Lee speaks about his ordeal Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:27 pm

SINGAPORE: John Lee, the Singaporean who survived the earthquake in Indonesia's Padang, has spoken to MediaCorp about his ordeal.

The 55-year-old businessman was pulled out alive from the rubble of a five-storey hotel after being trapped for 30 hours.

Mr Lee said that when the hotel crumbled under the 7.6-magnitude quake, he was trapped in a space the size of a "pigeon hole".

"The space covering me is more or less made to measure to my size, 90-centimetre width, about 1.6-metre in length. I can't, totally can't move at all. Of course, the pain was there, plus limited air circulation. I sweat a lot. With that condition, I only prepared myself for the worst," he said.

- CNA/ir

Source: Channel NewsAsia
Back to top Go down
https://beyondword.forumotion.net

Quake survivor John Lee speaks about his ordeal
Page 1 of 1