Beyond Words Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Books, Beyond Worlds, Beyond Your Imagination.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Supposedly great movies that never had a huge impact on you

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tinychief

Supposedly great movies that never had a huge impact on you Empty
PostSubject: Supposedly great movies that never had a huge impact on you   Supposedly great movies that never had a huge impact on you Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:34 pm

here's a list of classics, that just didn't have the initial impact on me that they had on most others. i've changed my mind on some of them by now. please don't take any of it personal.

Lethal Weapon... I think it's moderately funny, but nothing special

Gremlins... weird movie, not sure if it's a classic, though

Die Hard... such a by-the-numbers action movie, I don't get why so many people love it. Now, part 3 is a whole different story.

Alien & Aliens... only now am I getting some of their appeal. As a kid these movies did nothing to me. And I love horror... which brings me to:

The Exorcist... didn't find it scary at all.

Halloween... I like it in hindsight, but having seen Friday The 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street first, didn't help, because Halloween seems like a walk in the park compared to those movies.

The Thing... I saw a cut version, which is why I didn't appreciate this cool movie at first.

The Shining... still have a huge problem with Kubrick, but I can appreciate The Shining by now. I don't think it's scary, though, and I'm not sure whether it was the best way to put the novel on film (still better than King's own attempt)

Dawn Of The Dead... I know what they say about it's layered meanings. It's still one tedious, boring movie.

Saving Private Ryan... war Hollywood-style

La vita e bella... not funny, not appropriate

Raiders Of The Lost Ark... I liked it, but not as much as I thought I would. It got better with Temple Of Doom, but the real classic is Last Crusade, IMO.

Star Wars... any goddamn episode. This is just childish to me.

Lord Of The Rings trilogy... especially parts 2 and 3. Theatralic, whimsical, drawn-out. Overrated.
Back to top Go down

Supposedly great movies that never had a huge impact on you
Page 1 of 1