Beyond Words Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Books, Beyond Worlds, Beyond Your Imagination.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:24 pm

This TV series is directed by Jay Chou

Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Pandamen

Year 2030, in a dark corner of Bright City, lies a powerful evil force: Violent Group, headed by Tiger Brother & Wolf. Burning, killing, looting, they begin destroying the whole city, and also begin brewing a terrible secret plan: to control the human brain. At such a critical time, Bright City’s 2 super heroes ‘Panda Superman’ & ‘Panda Heroic’ take up the responsibility of protecting the citizens and restoring justice.

‘Panda Superman’s father was previously a very kind-hearted philanthropist, and organised many charity events. One day, someone kidnapped his little boy and ‘Panda Superman’s father rushed to save him, but unfortunately lost his own life. Hence, this little boy ‘Panda Superman’ used his father’s head, and a panda’s attitude as the spirit of his own future. After this incident, he would wear a panda outfit, and restore justice in the community. As for the other Pandaman – ‘Panda Heroic’ is a cleaner at the zoo, of course he is also very kind-hearted.

These 2 Pandamen are set out to protect the citizens of Bright City, and ultimately let good overcome evil!

-credit: Sarah @ asianfanatics.net

Last edited by Tales on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://beyondword.forumotion.net
Tendou63

Tendou63

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:15 pm

Oh this is the Taiwanese version of Kamen Rider? Hmm looks bad ass!

Any ideas when is this coming out?
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Feb 27 2009   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:17 pm

Feb 27 2009

Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 1-6Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 2-2Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 3-1

Source: iqilu
Translation: http://www.jaychoustudio.com

A few days ago, after they denied the female lead in the series 'Pandamen', directed by Jay Chou, was going to be Sara and Jacqueline Li, this has become a main focal point of movie fans' attention. Today there's finally new news, Jay Chou has seen a performing arts student Tang Yan (20) of Zhejiang University of Performing Arts, she has big eyes and eyebrows, completely matching Jay Chou's criteria. From the details, she is from Zhejiang Ningbo, she has a certain level of performing arts fundamentals, with the help of Jay Chou, she'll definitely be a big star in the movie industry.

Yesterday reporters found out from the head of the Pandamen series Mr Li, at present Jay Chou's company have already signed Tang Yan and she will be the female lead in Pandamen, as to why Cao Yan was chosen to be the 'J Girl', the film company expressed they would give an introduction at the start of filming ceremony to let the media get familiar with this lucky girl. The film company expressed newcomer Tang Yan would play a pretty and innocent girl, she will have lots of scenes with Yuhao and Jessie Chiang.
Back to top Go down
Tendou63

Tendou63

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:26 pm

Source: Sina
Translation: Sarah @ http://asianfanatics.net

Jay Chou’s self-directed drama ‘Pandamen’ has already finished filming, and is currently in post-production. This drama not only stars Jay Chou, Jessie Chiang, Nan Quan Ma Ma, Tang Yan, Wang Jing, Will Liu, Guo Yao Zhong, even the guest stars are big names.

Earlier, Eric Tsang, Wilber Pan, Jerry Yan, Shawn Yue, Vincent Fang, Jiu Kong, Li Guo Xiu, Tian Jing Quan & An Ze Hao’s guest-star photos in ‘Pandaman’ were revealed. Not only did they display the drama’s big guest line-up, the cast photos looked amazing and exciting, bringing a strong impact to the audiences’ eyes.

Yesterday, Jay Chou accepted an interview, and expressed his thanks towards all the guest stars in ‘Pandamen’. He said: “Pandamen’s guest stars are actually all my good friends, they are very loyal and are willing to help me.” According to Jay’ introductions, these guest stars are not only ‘loyal’ to come and star in the drama, but during filming, every single one of them displayed their professionalism, and made him very touched.

Wilber Pan injured but still continues to film

When Will received an invitation to star in ‘Pandamen’, it actually clashed with his album promotion schedule. And earlier, because he was intensely practising dancing for his album, he accidentally injured his right hand. When he came to film ‘Pandamen’, his hand was even bandaged, but when filming officially started, the professional Will removed his bandages, and everyone could not help but give him a thumbs-up in praise. Jay was very worried about his injury, and during break times, he would often touch his hand in concern, asking him: “Is it okay?” But Will joked back: “I realized you really love touching my hand!” Everyone looked suspiciously at Jay, and Nan Quan Mama’s Devon (Dan Tou) joked: “Actually, Will is Jay Chou’s other ‘J-Girl’!” making everyone burst into laughter.

Shawn Yue plays baddie

From the photos of Shawn Yue, his golden hair makes him look extremely ‘bad boy’; his cool image looks very different from the previous sunny, handsome Shawn. Shawn plays a capable follower – Luo Han, of the great villain Tiger Brother. Towards being able to play such a character, Shawn exclaimed: “Very exciting!”

Eric Tsang supports ‘junior brother’ Jay Chou

Previously in ‘Kung Fu Dunk’, Eric Tsang & Jay Chou had extremely exciting fight scenes, and from then on, the 2 established a very good friendship. Whenever Jay mentions Eric in any public event, he always affectionately calls him ‘Eric Big Brother’. Jay said: “Eric coming to guest in ‘Pandamen’, I know it’s because he wants to support me, so I want to specially thank his loyalty.” Apparantly, Eric has quite a few scenes in the drama.

Jerry Yan & Jay Chou become ‘colleagues

In ‘Pandamen’, Jay Chou plays Detective Leo, and Jerry Yan plays his colleague Detective Chen. In order to crack the villain gang ‘Violent Group’, the 2 detectives share weal and woe, and they both even get injured, and suffer quite a lot. Not only are they good ‘brothers’ outside of the drama, but even in the drama, they are quite close.

Refined lyricist Vincent Fang transforms into an arms dealer

Even Vincent Fang is beginning to film television series, and we can only imagine ‘Pandamen’ and Jay’s charm. Over the years, Vincent has always collaborated with Jay, writing lyrics for him, and the 2 have together created a unique musical world. And Vincent, whose own personality is similar to his refined lyrics, actually transforms into an arms dealer who is surrounded by beautiful women in the drama. His character is very ‘explosive’ and is definitely a strong breakthrough for Vincent.

Li Guo Xiu – dean of Taiwanese theatre joins ‘Pandamen’

Liu Guo Xiu is dubbed the dean of Taiwanese theatre. From 1976, he has produced almost 40 stage dramas, and is currently an associate professor at Taipei’s University of Arts. But the reason for him coming to star in ‘Pandamen’ is quite amusing. Apparantly, Li Guo Xiu’s family are all fans of Jay, and in order to fulfil his family’s ‘star’ wish, he went to find Jay, and hence he is also a guest star in ‘Pandamen’.

Jiu Kong appears as villain

Taiwan’s famous comedian Jiu Kong also guests in this drama. Whenever he appears at any event, there will be constant laughter following. Earlier, in Ning Hao’s ‘Crazy Racer’, Jiu Kong made everyone laugh non-stop. In ‘Pandamen’, he plays a big villain ‘Mole’ and will try live up to his comedian status.

Mainland actor An Ze Hao will play ‘strict father’

An Ze Hao, whose appearance is rather unique is a mainland actor, who always plays ‘baddies’. He was the lead for many television series such as ‘True Confession’, ‘Tomorrow I Am Not A Lamb’, and ‘Around The Home’. However, this time in ‘Pandamen’, he won’t play a baddie but has actually got quite a good role. He will be playing Jessie Chiang’s character Xiao Yu’s dad, who is also the principal of the music school. An Ze Hao expressed: “Pandamen consists of a young team, and I have actually learnt quite a lot filming with these young people.”

An Ze Hao has quite a few scenes with Jessie in the drama. From the cast photos, his outfits follow the luxurious European clothing style, but he still looks very humorous. According to sources, after ‘Pandamen’ finished filming, An Ze Hao earlier returned to China, and is currently preparing for his new drama.

‘Pandamen’ investor transforms into ‘Chief Villain’

Amongst ‘Pandamen’s guest stars, the most important character is Tiger Brother. And this character is definitely even more lengendary.

Tiger Brother is the chief villain in ‘Pandamen’. His followers include Wolf (played by Will Liu), Mole (played by Jiu Kong), Luo Han (played by Shawn Yue) etc, and ‘Tiger Brother’ is the central figure in criminal gang ‘Violent Group. And he is the character which Panda Superman (played by Yuhao), Panda Heroic (played by Devon), Detective Leo (played by Jay) and Detective Chen (played by Jerry) are all hunting for. And just when everyone was wondering who is most suitable to play such an important character, ‘Pandamen’ investor Tian Jing Quan entered Jay’s ‘visual field’.

According to Jay’s introduction, Tian Jing Quan ‘President Tian’ is one of ‘Pandamen’s investors. He is the general manager of Beijing Jiu Zhou Culture Communication Co., Ltd, and is also Jay’s old friend. During casting of ‘Pandamen’, Jay coincidentally bumped into President Tian while he was on a business trip, and that day, he was dressed in a black suit, with big black sunglasses, and his rather rebellious temperament caught Jay’s eyes. Hence, Jay immediately decided that President Tian would be the perfect choice for Tiger Brother! Because whether it’s posture or his imposing manner, President Tian is very suitable for this role.

During the filming process, besides Tiger Brother, he had another name called ‘Tian One Take’ and when Jay was asked about this, he laughed and explained: “Because during filming, President Tian always just requires one take and its perfect, his acting is very good! And sometimes, it’s already good, but he himself is not satisfied and would say that if he filmed another take, it would be better!” So why is the investor’s acting even better than professional actors? After careful studying, it was found that President Tian actually graduated from China University of Opera. The drama crew expressed that actually, Tiger Brother can be considered as a main lead in ‘Pandamen’ but because of President Tian is also one of the investors, he felt that it’s not convenient to be too exposed, so he attributed himself to the ‘guest’ list. In the drama, mainland actress Liao Jian Ling also specially guests, and plays Tiger Brother’s girlfriend.

Jay Chou’s ‘little brother’ also guests in ‘Pandamen’

Compared with the other famous guest stars, Huai Chen is probably the most unfamiliar face in ‘Pandamen’. According to Jay’s personal introduction, Huai Chen is actually his ‘little brother’: “He was my classmate in primary school. When we were little, I thought that he looked like a cartoon character, and unexpectedly now that we’re older, we actually have the chance to collaborate in ‘Pandamen’. Jay said that Huai Chen plays another baddie, and earlier, he also guested in the MV of his song ‘Hair Like Snow’.

Other than this, the most interesting thing is that ‘Pandamen’s scriptwriter Fa Tiao - Taiwan’s famous online writer will also guest in the drama as a piano teacher.
Back to top Go down
Tendou63

Tendou63

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:19 am

Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:33 am

Wow where did ya get that making... Nice job.
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 3_9
Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 2_1
Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 1_3

from Asianfanatics

He can sing, act, compose, produce, direct, unexpectedly Jay Chou can also draw!

Jay Chou’s personal design sketch for his self-directed idol drama ‘Pandamen’ has been revealed! Besides the cute helmets worn by the heroic panda supermen, we can also be the first to glimpse Pandamen’s extravagant home, as well as Jay’s idea of hiding the Pandamen outfits in the secret study room.
When Jay first handed his personal design sketch to the drama’s design/art crew, everyone was extremely shocked, and repeatedly commented how he can do everything and anything! Actually, Jay’s drawing talent comes from his mother Ye Hui Mei, who is now a retired junior high art teacher. When Zhou Mama used to help her students with their artwork, Jay would watch on the side, and from when he was little, immersed himself into the painting world.

Staff members expressed that just the people & outfits designs alone took 2 months to complete, after 10 alterations. Jay guests in the drama as a detective, but it happens to be that the detective is extremely busy, filming ‘Ci Ling’, and now going to America to film ‘The Green Hornet’. Now that the drama is in the post-production stage, every scene that contains special effects all have to be e-mailed to Jay to look over and review.

Yesterday, Beijing Jiu Zhou Culture Communication film & television production department general manager Liu Jian Hua expressed that Jay always seeks perfection. The drama was initially prepared to air in China in December, but now the post-production process has fallen behind, and it could be delayed to January next year. And initially, the production fees were set to be $2million per episode, but now this has more than doubled, with total production fees for 20 episodes breaking $80million. However, Jay’s charm is invincible; ‘Pandamen’s airing rights have auctioned to a massive $1.5million RMB per episode (NT $7.18million)
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:58 pm

This show comes out 2010-01-22
Back to top Go down
Tendou63

Tendou63

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Cool I await for this show!
Back to top Go down
REBEL

REBEL

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:26 am

Hmm they just wear masks and dont henshin. Tales said its bit like the Batman concept and to come to think of it i agree as well! I wont be able to watch it when its airing so i might download it? I look forward to this series!
Back to top Go down
http://zhangie.blogspot.com
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:40 am

I am not sure where they are airring but I will let you know which site they might show it.

I know of a site where they have Taiwan drama streaming there but I will not post it here.
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Tendou63

Tendou63

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Cool stuff.
The show is already out.

My comments is that the show is a bit different from Super Sentai or Kamen Rider. But it's more closer to Kamen Rider and also Batman.

Panda Superman and Panda Heroic meet for the first time in Ep 2. And the evil syndicate violent group seem a bit like SHOCKER in their experiments.
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:49 pm

The plot thickens. The scientist who created that brain wave controlling device had put a code to prevent evil people like Tiger from using it for evil.

In the meanwhile, the detective and Pan Da eventually meet... Next episode they are caught in a fire fight.
Back to top Go down
Tendou63

Tendou63

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Yeah I saw that, How did Pan Da become Pandaman. His father was assassinated that day. He was wearing a panda costume doing charity.
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 am

Grim huh? But Batman did not see Bats on the night his parents were killed. But he saw a bat in his bedroom.

But this makes Pan Da what he is.
Back to top Go down
Orca

Orca

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:27 am

My chinese is not so good...but I did understand what the show's about

Pan Da really is traumatised from his childhood loss of his dad. So he becomes Panda Superman...

But Panda Heroic seemed a bit too childish, it's going to get him killed someday.
Back to top Go down
Tendou63

Tendou63

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:31 am

Hey is that the female lead in the banner I saw? She's a new singer?

Tales?
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:32 am

Her name is Jessie Chiang. She's a new singer in Taiwan.

Rumor has it that she's Jay Chou's new gf......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010   Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pandamen / 熊貓人 - Jan 2010
Page 1 of 1