Beyond Words Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Books, Beyond Worlds, Beyond Your Imagination.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner Empty
PostSubject: Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner   Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner 4172539602-2nd-runner-8212-up-of-ms-singapore-world-pageant-chosen.jpg?x=320&y=267&sig=JFS_Y

SINGAPORE: The Miss Singapore World pageant has a new winner. 20—year—old Pilar Arlando will be going to South Africa on December 12 for a shot at the Miss World title.

The Travel, Tourism and Hospitality student at Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) was selected as Miss Singapore World after the previous winner Ris Low gave up her crown amid a firestorm of controversy.

Pilar was third in the contest.

She said: "I’m sure that they saw my capabilities as a main title—holder, so I believe I don’t see myself as a replacement. I know the bad press was centred on Ris Low about her English but it does not affect me because I’m confident in the words that I say and how I speak."

In a statement, organisers ERM World said Claire Lee, who came in second, was not chosen because of her back injury which meant she could not stand for long hours.

And contest rules do not require them to select the first runner—up as a replacement.

The new beauty queen said she’s just a regular girl.

She said: "I do not have any convictions or criminal records I enjoy travelling, baking and participating in various sports activities. I’m a good girl." — CNA/vm
Back to top Go down
https://beyondword.forumotion.net
Orca

Orca

PostSubject: Re: Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner   Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Clearly, she can say all that but Who knows whose telling the truth.

I bet she's got secrets worse or more embarassing than her predecessor.
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner   Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Well only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
https://beyondword.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner   Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ms Singapore World pageant chosen as new winner
Page 1 of 1