Beyond Words Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Books, Beyond Worlds, Beyond Your Imagination.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Texting While Driving?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Notamerican

Texting While Driving? Empty
PostSubject: Texting While Driving?   Texting While Driving? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:15 pm

It's seems like a no-brainer: texting while driving can be deadly. So why haven't more states banned the practice?

Some in Congress and US transportation officials are wondering the same thing. In the two-day Distracting Driving Summit, which began Wednesday, officials are nudging lawmakers nationwide to take action.

"To put it plainly, distracted driving is a menace to society," US Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said at the opening of the summit in Washington.

Last year, 5,870 people died in vehicle crashes caused by some kind of distraction,

Please, we have to make this a law? I can't believe the idiots that do these types of things. Texting and driving.. For heavens sake, you can't even see the friggin' keyboard on these little phones, how in the heck can you text and drive?
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Texting While Driving?   Texting While Driving? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:42 pm

Hmm in Singapore driving and talking on the phone is an offence.
Back to top Go down
https://beyondword.forumotion.net
Notamerican

PostSubject: Re: Texting While Driving?   Texting While Driving? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:44 pm

Not here. Here it wont differ anything. Some provinces in Canada are just beginning to mark it as an offense. A big $150 ticket if found guilty. It's a joke more than anything.

It's good to see more and more places changing the law though. It is very dangerous, and actually reduced your reaction time by the equivalent of 4-5 beers.
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Texting While Driving?   Texting While Driving? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:49 pm

$150 ticket?

Here in Singapore you might get a hefty fine and if serious a jail time.
Back to top Go down
https://beyondword.forumotion.net
†Michael Valentine†

PostSubject: Re: Texting While Driving?   Texting While Driving? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:59 pm

I think a law on texting while driving should be made EVERYWHERE.

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing a lot of the dumb teenagers (and adults) out on the road looking at their cell phone while driving. It's a recipe for disaster.

They should ban the practice and issue a $1500 fine for it or something.
Back to top Go down
REBEL

REBEL

PostSubject: Re: Texting While Driving?   Texting While Driving? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Whoa Shocked Texting and driving? What kinda of idiot is that - though i text alot and dont have to look at the keyboard to text but some people look down and look up too much. Wouldnt that make you dizzy? And if youre dizzy your vision blurrs. If you vision blurrs - well your dead and....BANG YOUR DEAD! Thats how dangerous it is i guess. The phone fine isnt doing anything these days, my mums Mercedes-Benz as an inbuilt speaker so if my dad calls or anyone that calls she can still talk without getting caught and its lessens the risk of car crash but still is an distraction right??
Back to top Go down
http://zhangie.blogspot.com
pets49

pets49

PostSubject: Re: Texting While Driving?   Texting While Driving? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 6:15 am

In school zones you could get a ticket
Back to top Go down
REBEL

REBEL

PostSubject: Re: Texting While Driving?   Texting While Driving? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 3:04 pm

So it is getting very strict eh? I think one of my friends older brothergot a ticket because he was texting while driving last year geek
Back to top Go down
http://zhangie.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texting While Driving?   Texting While Driving? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texting While Driving?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beyond Words Community :: Worlds on Canvas :: Intelligent Debates-
Jump to: