Beyond Words Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Books, Beyond Worlds, Beyond Your Imagination.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??

Go down 
+3
Tendou63
Tigris
REBEL
7 posters
AuthorMessage
REBEL

REBEL

Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Empty
PostSubject: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:37 pm

I was thinking of a good topic to bring up and i thought this one was good one. Global Warming, what is Global Warming?? Global Warming is defined as the increase of the average temperature on Earth. As the Earth is getting hotter, disasters like hurricanes, droughts and floods are getting more frequent. Over the last 100 years, the average temperature of the air near the Earth´s surface has risen a little less than 1° Celsius (0.74 ± 0.18°C, or 1.3 ± 0.32° Fahrenheit). Does not seem all that much? It is responsible for the conspicuous increase in storms, floods and raging forest fires we have seen in the last ten years, though, say scientists.

Their data show that an increase of one degree Celsius makes the Earth warmer now than it has been for at least a thousand years. Out of the 20 warmest years on record, 19 have occurred since 1980. The three hottest years ever observed have all occurred in the last eight years, even.

---

In Geo classed i learned that during the ice-age it was 6° less than it is today. Imagine 6° hotter?? Around the year 2100, the Earth is expected to reach this temperature if we dont do anything to change this affraid

---

Here are 2 Videos just to give you a tip on Global Warming a better understanding

---

So what do you guys think about Global Warming? I think its true because all of evidence scientists have proved and provided.
Back to top Go down
http://zhangie.blogspot.com
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:32 pm

Try telling to a person living in the Maldives that global warming is false. I think they might get pissed...

Their islands are sinking into the sea due to rising sea levels.
Back to top Go down
https://beyondword.forumotion.net
Tendou63

Tendou63

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Even today there are people that deny the truth. But when the truth bites them very very hard, they will regret it or even it's too late to regret it.
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:39 pm

Back to top Go down
rayzone

rayzone

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:00 pm

I believe we are already seeing the effects now. Just these 2 months alone, one poor country has been hit by 3-4 typhoons/tropical storm....
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:06 pm

rayzone wrote:
I believe we are already seeing the effects now. Just these 2 months alone, one poor country has been hit by 3-4 typhoons/tropical storm....

Just to quote your signature

Are you prepared for it? I think human beings are unprepared for this event.
Back to top Go down
rayzone

rayzone

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:47 pm

I never knew that my signature can be used this way. But it is somewhat true.

Also, i've read somewhere that the UN or international body said that we have not even met half of the emissions standards that is set to reach by 2020... or something along that line.

Forgot the exact details liao...
Back to top Go down
REBEL

REBEL

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:52 pm

The only problem is that the pace is getting too fast. In a reason i kind of hate human society now. I know it has helped me to communicate and have fun but look on the other side, millions of years ago our ancestors walked the Earth and their generations have suceeded in maintaining a healthy earth. But what have we done?? NOTHING
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:28 am

Here's a joke
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
REBEL

REBEL

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:14 am

HaHa thats pretty funni one Very Happy

Back to global warming though, does anyone think the humans will take action to prevent exctinction on Earth? Because apparently it looks like they dont give a crap about our future generatations...
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:14 am

Well I doubt it. But maybe unless some catatrophe kills off at least 50% of the world population then perhaps they might start thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
ruennsheng

ruennsheng

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Global warming, though being a fact as evident in the rising of oceans to swallow up the Great Barrier Reef and the Maldives, are still denied by a small group of people who claim that we did not follow the orders of a higher being to restrain our selfish desires, and hence global warming is a punishment to human beings and we cannot help it...
Back to top Go down
http://zerolionlaker.blogspot.com
Quilford

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Global warming? Definitely.

Greenhouse effect? Nope.

We can no longer deny that global warming is taking place. But I, personally, think everyone's come over a little bit alarmist with it all. I certainly think that there is no such thing as the greenhouse effect and I support an alternate theory regarding the temperature fluctuation of the universe; basically that events out of our control have lead to warming of the planet such as universal temperature change. It's like the effect that you get when you stretch a rubber band and let go, it goes forward and flicks back. The Ice Age was the result of the stretching of the rubber band - what we're experiencing now is the letting go. We can't do anything about it.

Just my $0.02. =)
Back to top Go down
mick_86

mick_86

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 8:04 pm

just something i think about rising water levels, do people take into account water displacement from boats? how many boats are in the sea and how many new ones are added every year? also what abouthe ones that sink and never come back out the water?

not saying this is the cause but its something i think about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??   Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global Warming : FACT OR FICTION??
Page 1 of 1