Beyond Words Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Books, Beyond Worlds, Beyond Your Imagination.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2

Go down 
+2
Tigris
REBEL
6 posters
AuthorMessage
REBEL

REBEL

Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 256px-Modern_Warfare_2_cover

Characters
During the single-player campaign, the player controls 5 different characters from a first-person perspective. For much of the game the player assumes the role of Sergeant Gary "Roach" Sanderson, a member of an elite, multinational commando unit known as Task Force 141... However, the player begins the game as Private Joseph Allen, a U.S. Army Ranger stationed in Afghanistan, who later goes undercover in Russia for the CIA, under the alias "Alexei Borodin". Private James Ramirez is a member of 1st Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment stationed in the United States, and serves as the player character during the defense of U.S east coast during the Russian invasion. The player character in Call of Duty 4, Sergeant "Soap" MacTavish, returns as a non-playable character for most of the game, but once again becomes the player character in the final three missions. In the 5 years since Call of Duty 4, he has promoted to captain in the Special Air Service. He now commands most of the Task Force operations in the field and is Sanderson's superior officer. The player also briefly assumes control of an unnamed International Space Station astronaut during an EVA in the minute or so prior to the International Space Station being destroyed

Several non-playable characters also play prominent roles in the story. Captain MacTavish (In his NPC capacity) serves as Roach's superior and mentor (much as Captain Price served as MacTavish's mentor in Call of Duty 4). Captain Price also returns from Call of Duty 4 to assist TF-141 after MacTavish, Roach, and other TF-141 members rescue him from imprisonment his in a Russian Gulag. The other primary member of the Task Force is Sergeant Simon Riley, a mysterious character who goes by the alias "Ghost" and conceals his face with a balaclava. Sergeant Foley is Joseph Allen's squad leader in Afghanistan, and later James Ramirez's squad leader in the United States. General Shepard is the commander of both TF-141 and the Army Rangers, but becomes the primary antagonist after he betrays the Task Force members near the end of the game. Vladimir Makarov, a former protégé of Imran Zakhaev (the chief antagonist from Call of Duty 4), serves as the primary antagonist throughout most of the story.

Plot

Modern Warfare 2 is set five years after the conclusion of Call of Duty 4. Despite the efforts of the Marines and the SAS, the Ultranationalists seize control of Russia and declare Zakhaev a hero and martyr. Meanwhile, Vladimir Makarov, one of Zakhaev's former lieutenants, begins a reign of terror against Europe by staging numerous terror attacks.

The game begins in Afghanistan, where US Army Ranger Private Joseph Allen helps take an Afghan city from an army of militants. Impressed, General Shepherd recruits Allen as a CIA operative and places him in Makarov's organization as an undercover operative. Meanwhile, Soap and Roach infiltrate a Russian airbase to recover a lost ACS module. Makarov, however, is one step ahead; he kills Allen, exposes his identity as an American, and turns him into a scapegoat for a brutal terrorist attack on a Russian airport.

Angered by what they believe is an American-supported terrorist attack, Russia stages a surprise invasion of the United States East Coast. Private Ramirez and the US Army Rangers are called upon to defend Washington D.C. from the Russian attack. Meanwhile, Task Force 141 works on taking down Makarov. They go to Rio de Janeiro to chase leads on Makarov's contacts, but these turn out to be dead ends. As a result, Soap decides to rescue one of Makarov's most hated enemies from a Russian prison and use him as bait to draw him out. With assistance from the SEALS and Marines, Task Force 141 manages to free the prisoner, who is revealed to be Price. Price agrees to help them track down Makarov, but knows they must do something extreme to end the war. He temporarily goes rogue, hijacks a Russian nuclear submarine, and launches an ICBM at Washington D.C. However, Price rigs the warhead to explode in the upper atmosphere, which destroys the International Space Station but spares Washington. The resulting electromagnetic pulse cripples both the US and Russian forces in the city. Later, Ramirez and his squad discover that the Air Force will assume that D.C. is lost and carpet bomb the city. The only way to abort the operation is to set off green flares on the roof of the White House, which is under Russian control. Ramirez and his squad fight their way to the roof the building and manage to set off their flares in the nick of time, while green flares on the roofs of other D.C. landmarks signifies that the city remains firmly in American hands.

Narrowing down Makarov's hiding place to two separate locations, Task Force 141 decides to split up. Soap and Price go to the boneyards in Afghanistan, while Roach and Ghost raid Makarov's safehouse in the Caucasus Mountains. The latter obtain vital intelligence to put an end to him for good. However, General Shepherd betrays them and kills both Ghost and Roach. It is discovered that Shepherd masterminded the terrorist attack on the airport, having hired the Ultranationalists to carry out his dirty work and set Allen up as a scapegoat to make Russia declare war on the United States. The resulting war would allow the U.S. to take over Russia, making the U.S. military more powerful and giving Shepherd a reputation as a war hero. Price and Soap manage to escape Shepherd's ambush, and decide to take revenge on him in one final, bloody suicide mission. After a brutal fist-fight, Soap manages to kill Shepherd, but he and Price are seriously wounded in the process. Nikolai then arrives to extract them. Price warns Nikolai that they will be international fugitives for what they've done, but Nikolai insists he knows a safe place to take them.

Back to top Go down
http://zhangie.blogspot.com
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Wow! That's a lot of guns!

Is this for Xbox or PC?
Back to top Go down
https://beyondword.forumotion.net
rayzone

rayzone

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:41 pm

i believe this should have both. I saw the PC version at comics connection just now.
Back to top Go down
Zoolamon

Zoolamon

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:50 pm

I should get this game....
Back to top Go down
REBEL

REBEL

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:20 pm

The Platforms for this game are :

Microsoft Windows
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
Back to top Go down
rayzone

rayzone

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:23 pm

Oh ya i just found out, have Nintendo DS too.
Back to top Go down
REBEL

REBEL

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:04 am

I dont think the NDS version will be very good...though must be better than most NDS games. I expect better graphics from it since the PS3 and Xbox 360 graphics are just sick!
Back to top Go down
REBEL

REBEL

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:04 am

I dont think the NDS version will be very good...though must be better than most NDS games. I expect better graphics from it since the PS3 and Xbox 360 graphics are just sick!
Back to top Go down
rayzone

rayzone

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:40 am

aha.. i tried the game... quite nice. Good graphics good guns, good story.. though the bad thing is that the narration of the story, and the constant changing of character.

You change from a private, to a sergeant, to a private again. Is like, you wont play a static character....

However, on the overall, i give it 8 out of 10.

Anyone else think otherwise?
Back to top Go down
REBEL

REBEL

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:52 pm

I tried it at JB-HI FI today, its very good and i love the shooting effects and such. Yeah, i dont really like the idea of the switching of characters, dont get me wrong, i dont mind it, i just dont want to switch so often as it will get kinda weird. Say like the beginning of Kingdom Hearts II - You start of as Roxas, good then you use Sora and never use Roxas again, and at the end of the game you take a turn at using Riku. If you switch characters rarley then its alright but not as much as COD 6 gives us.
Back to top Go down
Gaz

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:08 am

I love this game! Especially online when its all intense and filled with action! 10/10!
Back to top Go down
=D
Agent
Agent
=D

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:13 am

I love this game I play it on xbox live all the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone here play call of duty for xbox live? If so, add me my gamertag is B3astfr0mth3. I'm on here and there.
Back to top Go down
REBEL

REBEL

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:08 pm

Hmmm as soon as i get an Xbox 360 i will =D
I was at a friends house today and we were playing COD for a couple hours and i got a change to try out all this different kind of modes except campaign lol. We did a mode where we were just sniping and protecting our base, i reckon that was really fun, i think we were doing Special Ops. But i hate how u have to revive your partner everytime he is bleeding out and it gets really annoying because if your in the middle of shooting and ur partner falls and if u hav to get there before 1:00 min or he'll die? But i guess thats the challenge of the game =D
Back to top Go down
REBEL

REBEL

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Finally bought an Xbox 360! And COD 6! Though havent made a live account yet. I really like Special Ops =D
Back to top Go down
=D
Agent
Agent
=D

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:18 am

When you make a live account add me! B3astfr0mth3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2
Page 1 of 1