Beyond Words Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Books, Beyond Worlds, Beyond Your Imagination.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

White Fang

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
†Michael Valentine†

White Fang Empty
PostSubject: White Fang   White Fang Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Author: Jack London

White Fang was a really enjoyable read to me. I expected no less from the author of The Call of the Wild of course, but the book offered a pretty realistic view from a wolf.

Quote :
White Fang is the title of a novel by American author Jack London. The novel was first serialized in The Outing Magazine in May to October 1906. It is the story of a wild wolfdog's journey toward becoming civilized in Yukon Territory, Canada, during the Klondike Gold Rush at the end of the 19th century. White Fang is a companion novel (and a thematic mirror) to London's best-known work, The Call of the Wild, which concerns a kidnapped civilized dog turning into a wild animal.
Much of the novel is written from the view-point of animals, allowing London to explore how animals view their world and how they view humans. White Fang examines (sometimes graphically) the violent world of wild animals and the equally violent world of supposedly-civilized humans. The book also explores complex themes including morality and redemption.

It was an excellent read. Has anyone read this book yet?
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

White Fang Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Fang   White Fang Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Ah I have read this book before.
Back to top Go down
https://beyondword.forumotion.net
REBEL

REBEL

White Fang Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Fang   White Fang Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Ive saw this book on my school library shelf 2 days ago - maybe i'll pay another visit and pick it up, from what you quoted, the book is looking good!
Back to top Go down
http://zhangie.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

White Fang Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Fang   White Fang Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Fang
Page 1 of 1