Beyond Words Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Books, Beyond Worlds, Beyond Your Imagination.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SEA Games: Gold for Singapore in silat, wushu, shooting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tigris
Admin
Admin
Tigris

SEA Games: Gold for Singapore in silat, wushu, shooting Empty
PostSubject: SEA Games: Gold for Singapore in silat, wushu, shooting   SEA Games: Gold for Singapore in silat, wushu, shooting Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:36 am

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20091214/tap-499-sea-games-team-singapore-wins-me-231650b.html

SINGAPORE: Singapore clinched its first silat gold in the SEA Games in Laos where Rabiatul Adawiyah topped the women’s artistic singles event on Sunday.

The 20—year—old 2009 Asian Indoor Games gold medallist, who is making her debut at the SEA Games, won with 471 points.

18 points separated her and the second—placed winner from Vietnam, while Indonesia took the bronze.

Speaking to MediaCorp shortly after her victory, she said: "I’m feeling all mixed up, but I’m really excited. I will always remember the moment when the head referee announced the result. And when my head coach (Sheikh Harun) hugged me, I just burst into tears."

Singapore also won two medals on the first day of wushu competition.

In the women’s dulian event, the trio of Koh Poh Chin, Tao Yijun and Tay Yujian struck gold for Singapore with a total score of 9.46 points. That was just 0.01 point more than second—placed Vietnam and Brunei. No bronze medals were awarded.

Singapore’s Tay Wei Sheng, Fung Jin Jie and Seah Kah Yeap won a silver medal in the men’s dulian event. The trio scored 9.40 points, narrowly losing the gold to Vietnam whose score was 9.50. Thailand won the bronze with 9.20 points.

In shooting, Singapore’s Jasmine Ser won the gold medal in the women’s 50—metre rifle three positions after a shoot—off with Thailand’s Majchacheep Sununta.

Both women had finished the main competition with the same record—breaking score of 677.60. Jasmine scored 10 in the shoot—off, while Majchacheep scored 9.1. Singapore’s Aqilah bte Sudhir got the bronze with 675.20.

Jasmine and Aqilah also won a silver in the team version of the event with a score of 1,717. Thailand took gold in a new Games record score of 1,725 and Malaysia the bronze (1,702).

Meanwhile, Singapore’s Dinah Chan claimed a bronze in the 30 km individual time trial for women.

— CNA/938LIVE/so/ir
Back to top Go down
https://beyondword.forumotion.net

SEA Games: Gold for Singapore in silat, wushu, shooting
Page 1 of 1